2014-2015 Grant Activities:
Manchester University support: Role of microRNA during drug or chemically-induced organo-toxic reactions in vivo.
(1) “Metabolic, Organoprotective, Genomic and Non-Genomic Effects of Thermoplus on Fisher 344 Rats” [AdvoCare International]
(2) “Long-Term Exposure Effects of Metabolic Nutrition System-Platinum in B6C3F1 Mice. [AdvoCare International]
(3) “Long Term Exposure Effects of “WH” on Cerebral Apoplexy, and Cardioprotective Activity in rats. [ChoSeon Pharmaceuticals]
(4) NY Methodist Hospital/AMS Coll. of Pharmacy Collaboration: Title- “Examining the bicarbonate chloroprocaine interactions with or without epinephrine in a sciatic nerve block.” A collaborative research suppo. by New York Methodist Hospital (NYMH, Brooklyn, NY)
(5) Genomic, Non-Genomic and Organotoxic effects of ThermoPlus in Rats. [AdvoCare International]
(6) Effects of Long Term Chronic Exposure effects of a complex Metabolic Nutrition System on Serum Chemistry, Oxidative Stress in target organs and Organ Histopathology in Mice. [AdvoCare International]
(7) Effects of Long Term Chronic Exposure of MNS-Orange on Serum Chemistry, Organ Histopathology and Genomic/Non-Genomic changes in multiple vital target organs in Mice. [AdvoCare International]
(8) Mechanisms underlying Antiapoptotic and Antinecrotic properties of Grape Seed Proanthocyanidins, Citrus flavonoids, Momordica Charantia falvonoids, Ocimum basilicum flavonoids in vivo. USDA- UT Coll. Stn Joint Project.
(9) Role of Matrix Metallo Proteinases (MMPs -9, -10 & -12) during dimethylnitrosamine (DMN)-induced liver cell death. AMS COP- LIU supported project.
(10) Role of Matrix Metallo Proteases (MMPs) and MDM2 during dimethylnitrosamine (DMN)-induced nephrotoxicity in mice. AMS COP- LIU supported project.
(11) Effects of flavonoids on CYP450IIE1 and CYP3A4 isozymes of the mouse liver: Structure Activity Relationships. [Supp. By InterHealth & DryCreek Nutrion, CA]
(12) Title- “Effect of Long Term Exposure of Grape Seed Proanthocyanidin Extract on Prolongation of Life Span and Aging in Rodents”. [Supp. By InterHealth & DryCreek Nutrion, CA]
(13) Title- “Influence of long term Grape Seed Proanthocyanidin preexposure on Dimethylnitrosamine-Induced Liver Cancer”. [Supp. By InterHealth, CA]
(14) Title- “Effects of Peptobismol, High fat, alcoholic and Spicy diet Exposures on Human GI tract”. [Proctor & Gamble]
(15) Title- “Effect of Grape Seed Proanthocyanidin preexposure on Amiodarone (lung), Doxorubicin (heart), DMN (spleen), CdCl2 (kidney) and MOCAP (neuro: brain) induced toxicities”. [Funded by InterHealth, CA]
(16) Title- “Effect of Grape Seed Proanthocyanidin preexposure on Acetaminophen-induced programmed and unprogrammed cell death and bcl-XL expression in the liver”. [Funded by InterHealth, CA]
(17) Title- “Acetaminophen-induced production of Nitric Oxide in the liver and its protection by 3-Aminobenzamide”. Supp. by American Academy of Clinical Toxicology. [National Research Award- 1995-1996].