Archives for Student Info category
(1) 1994: Lana Shleyfer: Protection of Acetaminophen-induced hepato- & nephrotoxicities by cytoprotective agents.*
(2) 1995: Amita Rana: Role of Nitric oxide in acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity.
(3) 1996: Anup Wattamar: Drug-Induced programmed and unprogrammed cell death mechanisms.* [MD]
(4) : Theodora Manolas: Alcohol-Induced Liver Cell apoptosis in normal and Spontaneously hypertensive rats.**
(5) 1997: Ms. Suzana Bogdanovic: Furosemide-Induced Hepatocellular apoptosis in in vivo models.**
(6) : Agniska Dobrogoskya: Furosemide-Induced nephrotoxicity and DNA damage in in vivo models.**
(7) : Amit Khandar: Furosemide toxicity and their protection by Ca++-channel blockers and PARP inhibitors.
(8) 1998: Vermone Wong: Doxorubicin-Induced cardiotoxic and MOCAP-induced neurotoxicity mechanisms.**
(9) : Kevin Fu: Doxorubicin-Induced pulmonary toxicity mechanisms.*
(10) : Babak Kohanchi: Doxorubicin-Induced hepatotoxic mechanisms.*
(11) : Anna Rinkovsky: Doxorubicin-Induced hepatotoxicity/mechanisms/Effects of DMN on the liver cancer.*
(12) 1999: Shelly Alli: Effect of natural antioxidants on Thioacetamide-induced hepatotoxicity.*, ***
(13) 2000: Hoyan Lee: Effects of Furosemide on Diabetic Liver (biochemical changes).* [PharmD; MD]
(14) : Inna Khantsis: Effects of Furosemide on Diabetic Kidneys (biochemical changes).*
(15) : Christina Rutigliano: Effects of Furosemide on DNA repair mechanisms in the liver.*,***
(16) : Jeny Kleyman: Effects of Furosemide on DNA repair mechanisms in the Kidney.*
(17) 2001: Oshaon Imafidon: Effects of Furosemide on Diabetic Liver (serum chemistry).
(18) : Lyuba Alvarez: Effects of Furosemide on Diabetic Kidney (Histopathological changes).
(19) : K. Kafui: Effects of antidiabetic agents on Alloxan-Induced hepatomegaly and Nephropathy.
(20) 2002: Carmela Bruculeri: Protection of Acetam. Liver Injury By M. Charantia Extract-pathology analysis.*,**, ****
(21) : Agnes Chou: Protection of Acetaminophen Liver Injury By M. Charantia Extract-DNA damage studies.***,*
(22) : Switi Patel: Protection of Acetaminophen Liver Injury By M. Charantia Extract-Serum Chemistry Analysis.*
(23) : Ravi Patel: Protection of Acetaminophen Liver Injury By M. Charantia Extract-Oxidative stress studies.*
(24) 2003: Christina Wong: Xenobiotic Handling Capacity of MNS-Orange exposed tissues.
(25) 2004: Akila Nagori: Protection of APAP-induced liver injury by MNSO mixture. ****
(26) : Annie Naqvi: Protection of APAP-induced liver injury by MNSO mixture. ****
(27) 2005: Ellida Bulku: Protection of APAP-induced liver injury by curcumin pre-exposure.*, *** [PharmD; MS]
(28) Danniel Zinkovsky: Protection of APAP-induced liver injury by curcumin pre-exposure.****
(29) 2006: Zenepe Tocilla: Long term exposure effects of Thermoplus on serum chemistry of F344 Rats.****
(30) : Rositsa Genova: Long term exposure effects of Thermoplus on organ pathology of F344 Rats.
(31) :Michelle Garrison: Long term exposure effects of Thermoplus on serum chemistry & organ pathology of Rats.*
(32) 2007-2010: Tamara Ishkakova; Pharmacogenomics of cardiovascular Drugs.****
(33) : Zhana Pinkhasov: Review of apoptosis-based and Stem cell therapies.***
(34) :Lev Zavlyanov (6th year APPE-Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience-Research) ***
(35) : Sweta Vyas; Nephrotoxicity and apoptosis—A quantitative approach.
(36) 2011: Sabina Zhuk; Serum chemistry changes phytochemical-drug interactions.
(37) : Radhi Yagnik; DNA damage induced during drug-phytochemical interactions.
At MU-COP (ongoing)
(38) 2013: Jamie Earhart; Apoptosis, Necrosis and autophagy in kidneys induced by nephrotoxic agents.
(39) : Morgan Gilbert. Role of microRNA during drug-induced liver disease.
(40) : Jessica Western. Role of microRNA during drug-induced kidney disease.
(41) : Shaena Osborne. Role of microRNA during drug-induced lung disease.
[**Recipients of West Virginia Univ./Merck Undergraduate National Research Symposium Travel Award; *Data presented at the Natl. meetings; co-authored peer-reviewed abstracts and/or publications; *** Shirley Krauss Research Award Winner; Merck Medical Microbiology/Toxicology award winner****]