1. Passion for research!
2. Solid foundation in Biomedical Scs, Biochemistry, Physiology & Pharmacology.
3. The higher the GPA -better are the chances.
3. Willingness to do hard work with an open mind.
4. Desire to discover something new!!
Archives for Student Info category
1. Passion for research!
(1) 1994: Lana Shleyfer: Protection of Acetaminophen-induced hepato- & nephrotoxicities by cytoprotective agents.*
(2) 1995: Amita Rana: Role of Nitric oxide in acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity.
(3) 1996: Anup Wattamar: Drug-Induced programmed and unprogrammed cell death mechanisms.* [MD]
(4) : Theodora Manolas: Alcohol-Induced Liver Cell apoptosis in normal and Spontaneously hypertensive rats.**
(5) 1997: Ms. Suzana Bogdanovic: Furosemide-Induced Hepatocellular apoptosis in in vivo models.**
(6) : Agniska Dobrogoskya: Furosemide-Induced nephrotoxicity and DNA damage in in vivo models.**
(7) : Amit Khandar: Furosemide toxicity and their protection by Ca++-channel blockers and PARP inhibitors.
(8) 1998: Vermone Wong: Doxorubicin-Induced cardiotoxic and MOCAP-induced neurotoxicity mechanisms.**
(9) : Kevin Fu: Doxorubicin-Induced pulmonary toxicity mechanisms.*
(10) : Babak Kohanchi: Doxorubicin-Induced hepatotoxic mechanisms.*
(11) : Anna Rinkovsky: Doxorubicin-Induced hepatotoxicity/mechanisms/Effects of DMN on the liver cancer.*
(12) 1999: Shelly Alli: Effect of natural antioxidants on Thioacetamide-induced hepatotoxicity.*, ***
(13) 2000: Hoyan Lee: Effects of Furosemide on Diabetic Liver (biochemical changes).* [PharmD; MD]
(14) : Inna Khantsis: Effects of Furosemide on Diabetic Kidneys (biochemical changes).*
(15) : Christina Rutigliano: Effects of Furosemide on DNA repair mechanisms in the liver.*,***
(16) : Jeny Kleyman: Effects of Furosemide on DNA repair mechanisms in the Kidney.*
(17) 2001: Oshaon Imafidon: Effects of Furosemide on Diabetic Liver (serum chemistry).
(18) : Lyuba Alvarez: Effects of Furosemide on Diabetic Kidney (Histopathological changes).
(19) : K. Kafui: Effects of antidiabetic agents on Alloxan-Induced hepatomegaly and Nephropathy.
(20) 2002: Carmela Bruculeri: Protection of Acetam. Liver Injury By M. Charantia Extract-pathology analysis.*,**, ****
(21) : Agnes Chou: Protection of Acetaminophen Liver Injury By M. Charantia Extract-DNA damage studies.***,*
(22) : Switi Patel: Protection of Acetaminophen Liver Injury By M. Charantia Extract-Serum Chemistry Analysis.*
(23) : Ravi Patel: Protection of Acetaminophen Liver Injury By M. Charantia Extract-Oxidative stress studies.*
(24) 2003: Christina Wong: Xenobiotic Handling Capacity of MNS-Orange exposed tissues.
(25) 2004: Akila Nagori: Protection of APAP-induced liver injury by MNSO mixture. ****
(26) : Annie Naqvi: Protection of APAP-induced liver injury by MNSO mixture. ****
(27) 2005: Ellida Bulku: Protection of APAP-induced liver injury by curcumin pre-exposure.*, *** [PharmD; MS]
(28) Danniel Zinkovsky: Protection of APAP-induced liver injury by curcumin pre-exposure.****
(29) 2006: Zenepe Tocilla: Long term exposure effects of Thermoplus on serum chemistry of F344 Rats.****
(30) : Rositsa Genova: Long term exposure effects of Thermoplus on organ pathology of F344 Rats.
(31) :Michelle Garrison: Long term exposure effects of Thermoplus on serum chemistry & organ pathology of Rats.*
(32) 2007-2010: Tamara Ishkakova; Pharmacogenomics of cardiovascular Drugs.****
(33) : Zhana Pinkhasov: Review of apoptosis-based and Stem cell therapies.***
(34) :Lev Zavlyanov (6th year APPE-Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience-Research) ***
(35) : Sweta Vyas; Nephrotoxicity and apoptosis—A quantitative approach.
(36) 2011: Sabina Zhuk; Serum chemistry changes phytochemical-drug interactions.
(37) : Radhi Yagnik; DNA damage induced during drug-phytochemical interactions.
At MU-COP (ongoing)
(38) 2013: Jamie Earhart; Apoptosis, Necrosis and autophagy in kidneys induced by nephrotoxic agents.
(39) 2014-2015: Sipan Keshsiyan. Role of microRNA during drug-induced liver disease.
Side Effects of Drugs: Project:
(40) 2015- 2016: Kristopher Hall
(41) : Scott Thurston, PharmD Candidate
(41) : Gary Hite, PharmD Candidate
(42) : Alyssa Petry, PharmD Candidate
(43) : Sipan Keshsiyan, PharmD Candidate
[**Recipients of West Virginia Univ./Merck Undergraduate National Research Symposium Travel Award; *Data presented at the Natl. meetings; co-authored peer-reviewed abstracts and/or publications; *** Shirley Krauss Research Award Winner; Merck Medical Microbiology/Toxicology award winner****]
For all the Pharm.D Students (P1 to P4) visit the Following website as frequently as you can to update your fundamentals on most foundational courses, and toxicology.
Most animations can be found under the title ‘Menu’- then ‘PharmD Resources’!!